Featured Post

Spinning with Turkish Spindles: Singles to Plying

My second Fiber Arts related course through FiberyGoodness. This self paced course can be started at any time, and has three sections: S...

Friday, July 26, 2019

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I’m so extremely excited that the amazing @daedalusspinningwheels is letting me build another bird with special permission! It’s been such an amazing opportunity getting to know Dave and being able to build my own birds. These espinners are quite the task to print even for someone with extensive printing experience and top notch printers. I had a blast building the Starlings and now I’m challenged with the task of building a Blackbird which has a lot more parts and the building process is a lot more complicated. I’ve gone ahead and picked out my colors. I’ll be using the gorgeous Neon Green that @akerworks uses as the primary color and black for the trim. This photo is a color manipulation that is as close to the color as I could get so I could get a feel for how it’s going to look. I think it’s going to be brilliant! I’m still waiting on my filament order for the Neon Green so while I wait I’m printing up bobbins and then I’ll move onto some of the black trim parts. I’m absolutely thrilled to get to build another amazing bird! It took me a couple weeks each for my Starling builds so I’m imagining it will take me about that long or maybe another week longer depending on how the prints go. I’m looking forward to sharing with you all a photo of the real thing as well as being able to talk about how the Blackbird works once I learn how to use Irish Tension. 😄 #handspunstagram #spinstagram #igspinners #spinnersofinstagram #handspun #handspunyarn #fiberfeature #wemakeyarn #daedalusspinningwheels #daedalusblackbird #blackbirdespinner


No comments:

Post a Comment