
Featured Post
Spinning with Turkish Spindles: Singles to Plying
My second Fiber Arts related course through FiberyGoodness. This self paced course can be started at any time, and has three sections: S...
Saturday, November 4, 2017
Experiencing one of the many second sock syndromes..... this is probably one of the lesser talked about ones... second sock ending up not the same size. Between now and Tuesday my gauge has changed drastically affecting the size of the second sock. I checked my new needles with calipers and they are the same size. I think I may rip them both back to the toe and switch between them more frequently. The colors aren't matching as nicely as I had hoped with way more purple on the new sock. Part of it is of course the way I broke down the braid and how it was spun but I'm imagining the gauge difference isn't helping either. I'm ok with frogging and restarting at the Toe, it was something I was anticipating would happen at least a couple times until I was happy with the turnout. Should be better from here on out! #handspunstagram #spinstagram #igspinners #spinnersofinstagram #handspun #handspunyarn #knittersofinstagram #igknitters #knittersofig #knitting #knitting_inspiration #instaknit #i_loveknitting #knittingsocks #sockknittersofinstagram #sockknitting #sockknitter #handknitsocks #handspunsocks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment