Featured Post

Spinning with Turkish Spindles: Singles to Plying

My second Fiber Arts related course through FiberyGoodness. This self paced course can be started at any time, and has three sections: S...

Friday, January 1, 2021

Every year I pile up everything fibery related that I've worked on over the year so I can look back on how much I have accomplished. This year I cherish this pile up even more thinking back on how stressful this year has been. Despite the difficult times this has hands down been my best fiber productivity year and I've made so many wonderful friends this year who I am so thankful to have made. This year I spun well over 60 oz worth of yarn! This is not including much of what I've got still on spindles so l need to do a final tally. This is more than twice the amount I spun last year. Earlier on in the pandemic, I was extremely concerned that I could potentially get a repetitive motion injury with how much time I was spinning. Thankfully I never had an issue and I think a lot of that had to do with the various types of projects I had as well as how comfortable it is to spin on my espinners. A lot of new things happened this year. I built two Daedalus wheels my Magpie and Starling V3. These wheels have been so therapeutic and I firmly believe are a major part of why I accomplished so much this year. I made huge improvements on my woolen long draw spinning. I finally found support spindles that I love to spin with. I got a floor loom and learned so many new things with weaving that sent me down a huge neverending rabbit hole. This year was full of so much enabling both being enabled by others as well as me enabling others. There was definitely a major enabling going on within the Daedalus Zoom Weekly Spin ins. #handspunstagram #spinstagram #igspinners #spinnersofinstagram #handspun #handspunyarn #fiberfeature #wemakeyarn #starlingspinner #starlingv3 #daedalusspinningwheels #daedalusmagpie #magpiespinner #spottedewefibers #longdrawjamesspindles #akerworks #jenkinsturkishspindles #turkishspindle #carrycherryspindle #greenwoodfiberworks #woolgatherings #deepdyedyarns #threewatersfarm #inglenookfibers #hipstrings #tinystudiocreativelifemagazine #babymacomber #weaversofinstagram #knittersofinstagram


No comments:

Post a Comment