Featured Post

Spinning with Turkish Spindles: Singles to Plying

My second Fiber Arts related course through FiberyGoodness. This self paced course can be started at any time, and has three sections: S...

Saturday, September 4, 2021

So uh… some of you know that I’ve been trying really hard to work down my spinning Works in Progress as I’m currently at 19 WIPs. I got a text message from @akerworks asking if I’d mind shooting some photos for my absolutely favorite top whorl style drop spindles which should be releasing soonish. I dropped everything and made a mad dash through my sample stash to find the perfect little spin to show these pretties off. I couldn’t find a small sample to spin, but what I did see out of the corner of my eye was these incredibly stunning braids of Sunflower Fields on BFL dyed by @fossilfibers. At the time all I had was the Yellow and Grass Green spindles and the idea hit me, get an Emerald Green and Berry Blue to form a gradient to match the colorway. New spindles arrived today and the spin has started! It fills me with so much joy to spin a project on these spindles. So these new spindles, what makes them special? These are Small Modular Lotus whorls that were made to fit the Mini Spindle shafts instead of the modular shafts. The smaller diameter shaft gives this combination a super fast and long duration spin that goes on and on forever with the best spins going even long after my arm is no longer able to reach high enough. 😂 they make my heart sing. 🥰 #akerworksminispindle #minispindle #modularspindle #akerworksmodularspindle #fossilfibers #ilovegradients #spinnersofinstagram #handspunwool #handspinnersofig #yarnspinnersofinstagram


No comments:

Post a Comment